I'm starting to think I'm capable of working miracles. Or, maybe stubborn people are just my specialty. Sailorman's mom Bev called me Friday evening. She asked me if I wanted to hash things out, or just say "let's put the past behind us and move forward" what I'm gathering from that is "pretend nothing happened." I answered with a simple statement: "tell me why you have a problem with me."
After a lot of hemming and hawing, what she essentially said is this: "I've tried and cannot say anything bad about you. This has led me to the conclusion that the problem is entirely me, and for that I apologize."
Yeah. I'm in shock. This is not a woman who apologizes. Ever. She's the original stubborn, prideful, and just ornery woman on earth. Sailorman told me not to expect an apology, because even he didn't get one. One of the many reasons why I was soooo not looking forward to this phone call.
So, to hear her say: "I'm sorry for my behavior" well, that's just HUGE.
I cannot wait to tell Sailorman tomorrow, or should I say later on today.
I think that this is a victory, and for that I'm glad. She wants to be friends. I don't know if that's ever going to happen really. While I can understand her to an extent, I still don't really like her. Right now my plan is to play nice, but keep my distance. I made the mistake of thinking things were cool between us and it turned out that she was, in my opinion, inappropriately jealous of the entire time. I really don't want to have to not only deal with the drama and headaches a second time, but add being hurt on top of it all.





















