Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mr Cellophane

 This is gonna be a twofer this time. It's the Linkup again with Amber over at Goodnight Moon!




As I said earlier, I have cousins over. I feel so invisible when I'm around them. The outsider, the one who doesn't belong. Probably because I have little to nothing in common with them. One could argue that I should try harder, I am after all, older than them. Isn't it my "duty" to breach the gap?

To that I simply say this: I have no interest in learning how to spell "inventively" nor do I feel a sudden urge to start browsing youtube for rappers. I also have no interest in learning fubol (soccer for you non-spanish speaking readers) or learning to take extremely suggestive pictures of myself.

This might sound harsh. Who knows? It might be. But those are my honest thoughts and opinions when it comes to my cousins. We have nothing in common because we simply were born into different worlds. They enjoy theirs, and I enjoy mine. We share blood, therefore they are my family and I love them. But not all blood relations have an unbreakable bond. If I never saw them again I would feel no emptiness in my life. Again, this might be a fault in me. It could be that my genetic makeup on my father's side makes it so that I have no problem cutting family members out of my life. If that's the case, I can accept that.

All that being said, this is my song for the linkup. One of my favorite musicals, Chicago. I hope you enjoy!