I just wanted to share my excitement at my FINAL care package for this deployment!
Yes, I am putting together my LAST care package! Whoo hoo! It's hard to believe that once this one is shipped, there will be no more, at least not for awhile. Weird. When Sailorman is stateside, I sent him regular care packages. He might have been easier to reach, but he was still 3000 miles away. Now, he'll not only be stateside, we'll be together. For the first time. Man that is going to take some getting used to!
I have no idea how that's going to change the tenor of our relationship. Probably for the best, despite the fact that in the beginning we're probably gonna drive each other up the wall with all our weird habits that we don't think are all that weird. I tend to think back to that Sex and City episode where Aiden moves into Carrie's apartment. She starts obsessing about her "secret single" behavior, and how she feels that she's on eggshells around him. Yes, I did just reference a Sex and City episode. I own all the dvds, and I'm pretty much just waiting for the second movie to go down in price some more before it's added to my collection.
Just yesterday Sailorman and I were discussing our plans. I'm sure I've mentioned that we are going on a Road Trip (capital letters, his thing lol.) It's going to be pretty epic. We're going to be hitting Gettysburg, somewhere neither of us have ever been. Sailorman has seen A LOT more of the US than I have. I however, have seen way more of Europe than he has. I guess it balances out. I'd rather have seen more of Europe personally.....guess that's why I have. Anyways, after Gettysburg we're going to be going to the Hershey factory, something I'm pretty psyched about. Then, more driving until Mt. Rushmore! Sailorman has been there, obviously. I never have because from what I understand, that's a driving trip. And where Mom and I live, that's a LONG drive.
Sailorman says it's simply un-American for me to have never seen Rushmore, I reply that we have different definitions of American. Our definitions are different because we have drastically different backgrounds. His family has been here for generations, I'm first generation to be born here.
From there, we'll be making a hit and run in Kansas City, MO (where Sailorman is from) and continuing on to San Francisco to pick up my stuff as well as the Prius we're buying from my mom. From here we're hitting Sedona, AZ to this fabulous B&B I discovered last year for two nights for our "official honeymoon." Then a bit more of an extended stay in KC to see some people, his mom may or may not be included. We'll see how much of a baby she continues to act.
For sure our deadline is Oct 15th, because that's the move in date for our new apartment. Other than that, we still have absolutely no idea of homecoming dates. That's annoying, because I'm antsy about buying my ticket already, but I know that it's still a bit soon to know for sure a date.
Oh Navy, why can't you just tell me a timeline already!?!





















