Friday, August 5, 2011

Lessons Learned

I've been thinking about the past six or so months, and how this time frame has changed me so much. In that time I have:
  1. Gotten engaged. 
  2. Sent my fiance off to war
  3. Been repeated ignored by friends and his family members when it comes to check ins 
  4. Gotten unengaged 
  5. Discovered that God does have the controlling vote over my life 
  6. Gotten re-engaged, though with some major revamping of our relationship
  7. Broke up with my best friend
  8. Completely redone every aspect of how my relationship works
  9. Discovered my mother in law has decided to hate me 
  10. Found out that Sailorman (finally) learned how to stand up for me/us
  11. Learned that deployment really does have a knack of showing you true colors 
  12. Made new friends, one who actually check up on me, despite me telling them not to 
I'm amazed by all I've learned. Soon there will be:

  1. Welcome my fiance back from war
  2. Have that fiance become my husband 
  3. See a lot more of our wonderful country than I have before
  4. Drive cross country twice
  5. Live on the opposite coast
  6. Move in with dun dun dun! a BOY 
  7. Practice and figure out what being a wife means to me 
  8. Make new friends in a totally new area 
Am I still sad by things that I've gone through during this deployment? Eh. For the most part I'm over it. Live goes on, and I've taken true life lessons from everything that has happened. I've figured out that I don't have too much of a hole in my heart from my "breakup". I've found out that I CAN let the fact that my MIL hates me roll off my back.....after having obsessed, freaked, and cried about it for two months. Now, I'm mostly over it. I've learned that my relationship is solid, it's withstood some pretty heavy fire lately. Most importantly, I've learned that I have a strong voice, and I'm not afraid to use it anymore.

Kinda wishing this was my linkup post instead of my whiny cousins one, but oh well. I'm gonna leave you with the amazing Carrie Underwood's Lessons Learned, I think it sums up a lot of what I just rambled about.