Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can It Be?

Today has been LONG! Not to mention a lot of things have happened.

It started with being woken out of a sleep that had been hard won, and ripped away from far too soon. Then, I was told that I would be driving all the way to Sacramento, so of course, a quick trip to the McDonald's drive thru for some Coke was in order. Once we got to the outlets, we hit Merrell, where I found some new running shoes, score! I saved roughly 50 bucks, always a nice thing. Then, Mom and I went to my grandmother's, where I  was able to write down a few more of her recipes, things that she has never written down or bothered to measure.

These are recipes that she is "famous" for among the church crowd, and pretty much everyone who knows her. I feel grateful that I've been able to get her to share them with me, and be able to write it all down. No one else in the family has ever bothered to do so. Not to mention that no one else in the family cooks. It was actually fun to listen to her explain how to cook these dishes, and one of these days I'm going to have to do some test runs! After my grandma's we took the soon to be my Prius to get it's oil changed, something it desperately needed. Then we had pretty bomb pizza at this place I have seen its billboard for the last 23 years and we've never gone. So, that was cool.

Then, I got home. It was fairly late, and Sailorman had messaged me through yahoo about an hour earlier asking if I was home yet. I messaged him back, just checking to see if he was still around. Nothing. I figured, "sad face, but we'll talk tomorrow" I then got on his farmville (what an amazing fiancee I am to do that for him!) and started taking care of it. Something told me to minimize the screen, so when I did I saw a new window from him! Talk about a happy face then!

He then told me awesome news: he had a homecoming date!!!! YAY. This of course means that I was able to book my flight out to VB. It's going to be a few days in advance, which is fine. It's just making this all the more real. Kind of insane how fast one little (ha) date can make so many plans real. I asked if this was the really really real one, and Sailorman informed me that he made sure to see the paperwork himself.

I know that that isn't a guarantee, there's always a chance SOMETHING will happen to change it. However, I am in very see nothing bad happening mode. This of course means that I have to get PACKING!!! Yikes.....this is actually happening.