So, the reason that I haven't been blogging lately (not that I've ever been that much of a regular blogger, I know bad me) is because my BIRTHDAY was the 28th. Now, one thing that people don't really know about me is that I LOVE my birthday. I don't care about people throwing me a party, or even really getting presents for that matter, but I just love my birthday. Since my 19th birthday my mom has treated me to a spa treatment and a mani/pedi.
Usually it's a facial, this year was a waxing. Honestly, same level of pain if you ask me. I haven't had a mani/pedi since Sailorman deployed, I got one the day before he left while he went to shoot his guns. Without a doubt, best feeling ever. Not to mention I love looking at my pretty fingers now!
My mommy completely spoiled me. The 27th I got my mani/pedi, and we went to shop for my birthday presents. Since I was 16 my mom has given up on surprising me with gifts. Instead, I get to choose them out and she wraps them. I got a new straightener, which was desperately needed. My old one which lasted 5 years wouldn't heat up unless it was standing up. As soon as I would go to use it it would turn off and lose heat. That was annoying to say the least lol. I also got a bunch of shirts, some jeans, a skirt, and really pretty roses.
She also got me dim sum, which was yummy! and a Chinese birthday cake, which is my absolute favorite birthday cake ever. If you've never had one, it's pretty much sponge cake with whipped cream frosting and whipped cream mixed with freshly cut fruit in the middle. After we ate I went to take a shower, and when I got out, still in my towel, the door rang. Now, I had gotten a phone call when I was in the shower and I was checking my messages two minutes before. It turns out the driver was having a hard time finding my house, and the flower shop guy was calling for directions. Me being the smart girl I am, I deduced that Sailorman had sent me flowers for my birthday.
I was right! They're really beautiful red roses, and my mother made me answer the door in my towel with wet hair.....the old delivery man kept talking to me and was oogling me! Sigh.....my mom still thinks this is an adorable anecdote.
All in all, this was an awesome 23rd. Sailorman kept saying that it sucks that this is the second birthday he's missed since we've been together. Now he's determined to make sure my next one he's there for. I'd like to know how that's going to happen, but until then I guess I'll let him dream.





















