Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Love Dare



My book finally came in today. I ordered one for Sailorman as well, but unfortunately it takes three times as long for amazon to ship anything out to an APO address. So, what did I do instead? I copied down the first dare and emailed it to him. Yup.....I typed out the whole thing, and have just finished typing out days two and three. I don't know if I'm insane, driven, or just really want this relationship to work and I will sink my nails into anything that might help. Something tells me it might be the last one.

We were chatting when I sent the first dare out to Sailorman. I didn't know that he thought of me as so impatient. Honestly, I think I'm one of the most patient people I know. I might complain a little bit, but I have no problems waiting. I have a problem NOT KNOWING stuff. Maybe he's mistaking curiousity for impatience? Huh, good question to ask tomorrow if he can get online. Right in the middle of chatting his internet died. I know this for sure because FB chat was being a butt so we switched to Yahoo. Since that died when he was in midthought, I'm assuming his internet cut out. I can't believe he has to pay almost a hundred bucks a month for such a crappy connection. Oh well, I'm sure I'm going to wake up to an apology email/message telling me that the internet died.

Something that I've realized over this past week. We have spoken more often about stuff that actually matters in the last 5 days than we have for, well honestly as long as I can remember. Sad that it's taken something as horrible as this to get both of us communicating, dialoging, and listening to each other the way we should've been all along. Of course, this also means he's a lot more prone to listening to me and all of my amazing thoughts, unlike before when he would scoff and ask me if I had been reading self help books again.

I'm hopeful that the Dares will help us realize something about each other, and ourselves. From what I've read so far, it doesn't look terribly difficult. Of course, I've just read the first three. Let's wait until I get to say 30 or something. I don't that I'll post about every single day, but I'll be sure to keep an update. If anything, this can be my records of my reactions to the Dares. I guess my reaction to Day One was, I think I'm a patient person, and Sailorman doesn't agree, interesting.

Ok, I'm going to post this and go to sleep now, even I recognize that last paragraph and complete and utter rambling.