Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just One of the Many Reasons I Love This Man

Sailorman is an amazing man. Today, there was a bit of a dispute over Americans being too "patriotic" yeah I know, gasp! on one of my statuses. This woman made quite a few annoying remarks, and then said something to the effect of "no one should have killed bin Laden, it's not our place to judge. Nor should anyone be rejoicing in the death of another human being." By this point I was really annoyed by her, and chose not to respond anymore. Sailorman however, had different ideas. This is what he wrote back:



of course, everyone could be socialists and afraid to stand up for what's right. The man attacked and his subordinates attacked us, and now we've won that fight. Did Germany not celebrate Hitler's death? Did Italy not practically riot when ...Mussolini was killed? Did Iraqi's not dance in the street when Saddam Hussein was hanged for all of his crimes? I for one am a proud American of German descent, and no one prays for peace more than the people that will have to fight if peace cannot be achieved through any means but war, but sometimes, war is the answer. In the case of Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban who where sheltering him, war was the answer. And while we may not be in a state of war where our troops are actively fighting, we will continue to hunt the remnants of Al Qaeda, and all of their proxies, for as long as it takes to eradicate them all, and have them answer for the crimes they commit against innocent people, most of whom are Muslims themselves.
 
I love that man. He knows how to put into words things that I'm too mad to think clearly.