Friday, October 29, 2010

Scary News

Due to OPSEC, obviously I can't go into specifics. However, let's just say that this evening when I had my nightly phone call with the Sailor, he told me that there's a definitely possibility that he's going to be leaving a month earlier, to a different, more hostile country, and with a totally different team. GREAT. This is the country that he was going to be going to originally, then he wasn't, and now he might be again. Please Navy, can you just make up your mind? Being boots on the ground is scary enough without having to worry about him literally being in the belly of the beast. Now I get a whole new set of "what ifs" to worry about. Of course, with the Navy, there's always just the possibility that he's going to be going to on the second original deployment instead of this new third option.

We won't know for a few more weeks probably. It's one of those "you'll know when I know babe" situations. Those suck big time. While I'm hoping he doesn't get the third option, I'm much preferring option two at the moment, he's definitely hoping for option three. I get why......but why oh why does he want to go into the danger zone? Can't he just be happy being bored out of his mind and watching The OC dvds in his tent? I know, that's asking too much, he has a job that's he's trained to do, he's going to be with some of the biggest baddest that our fine Navy has to offer. He'll be fine. Yet, I know that I won't be able to stop worrying until he's safe in my arms.  Why is it that the Navy loves to put us through so much uncertainty?