My Parents. What can I say about my parents?
My mom is just awesomeness. She gets me more than I give her credit for, and she makes me laugh with her silly antics. Yeah, she can also piss me off more than anyone else in the world, but as she likes to put it, that's her job as a mother lol. She listens to me when I'm going on and on about whatever subject I'm into, and does her best (while usually failing) to remember and follow along. I know that when the times comes she's going to be my go to person for all kid related things, and it definitely helps that she works in pediatrics! I think that I lucked out and got the best mother for me that I could get.
My father.....so many things could be said about him, and not very much of it good. My parents divorced when I was three, and he hasn't really been a big part of my life. He disappeared for good when I was around 12, and reappeared about three years ago. I haven't seen him very often, though every month or so he does deposit money in my account. I don't have a relationship with him, I don't understand him, nor does he understand me very much either. The day I accepted that (around my 18th birthday) was the day that I let go of any fleeting hopes of ever having a relationship with him. Most likely my children will never meet him. I doubt the Sailor ever will. It's a sad realization, but one that needed to be made. Now I take his money, occasionally call, and sometimes get free food out of a lunch or dinner.
Those are my parents. There's definitely a reason why God decided to give me an amazing super mom that could do such an amazing job of raising me by herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















