I meet lots of strangers. Yet, the one that comes to mind as soon as I think about a stranger, is this woman I met on the train in high school. She was talking very loudly into her cell phone, she had just left bootcamp, and was really excited to be getting home. I asked if she was in the Army, because being 15 and not really caring about the different branches of military, everyone was in the Army to me. (Oh how I've changed in 7 years!) She replied that she was in the Air Force, and had just left bootcamp, was going home on leave, and was going to be going to some other state for further training before deployment. We spoke for about 45 mins to an hour. She tried to get me to "think" about joining. I flat out told her I question way too much to ever be in any sort of service (totally true to this day!) and she laughed and said yeah, they beat that out of you quickly. When she went to get off the train, she told me her name was Michelle, and I offered to pray for her. I think that I was the first person to offer that, and the look on her face was the first truly rewarding thing I think I've ever done for a member of our military.
Obviously, since then I've done a lot for our military. I mean, I'm dating someone in the Navy! Talk about the sacrifices! While totally true, I'm kidding. It's a pleasure and honor to know that I love and am loved by someone who is willing to do so much for our country. Funny how that one act 7 years ago still comes to my mind today. If you would have told me what was going to happen in those 7 years I don't think I would have been able to believe a word of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















