Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 4: Your sibling (or closest relative)

Well, I'm an only child, and really happy about it. I think that my personality would not have tolerated a sibling very much lol. I'm also not that close to my relatives, pretty much because they get on my nerves like no other. That being said, I think my closest relative would probably be my Auntie Quey. She's my aunt on my dad's side.....and technically my 3rd cousin. She's the only member of my dad's side that has never turned her back on me. When my dad disappeared everyone, including my grandmother, who had a huge hand in raising me for the first 5 years of my life, acted as though I didn't exist. For that I'll always be grateful to her. I know that she's caught a lot of shit from the family for continuing to be a part of my life, as well as being really close to my mom. I think that she considers us to be her only family, the rest are relatives.