Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 7: Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush

I don't really have very many of these to choose from. It's kinda depressing how much I didn't date before the Sailor. There are times when I wish that I had dated more, experiences more, "shopped" more. Then  I remember just how much I really hate shopping. For a woman, I think I hate shopping more than anyone I know. I have less patience for it than most men. This excludes the Sailor btw. He LOVES shopping. Well....he loves spending money. Me....I like looking at my money for long periods of time then splurging and buying something amazing for myself that is just pure luxury.

But back to exes. I guess if I was to talk about anyone, it would probably be Michael. Michael.....he was my bf before the Sailor. He's a law student at UC Davis, now in his second year. He's also dating someone new, she goes to school in Arizona. Funny, seeing as how SF was too far from Davis for him.....but I digress. Michael.....he's a jerk, and kind of an asshole, capital A. He's the first to admit it, and I'm not even trying to be mean here. It's just the way he is. We were explosive together. Everything we did was either a torrent of emotion, or not caring at all. We just went through too much not caring for me to think that the times we did care made it worth it. We parted ways amicably enough, and we still chat on occasion. For the most part, he's my sounding board about stuff the Sailor says or complains about. I think of him as my dude friend, seeing as how he actually did date me, knows how I can be, and can give me dude opinions. He still can piss me off beyond belief, but.....we're way better as friends than we ever were anything else.