"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
- Lewis Carroll Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There
Absolutely no idea where that came from, but it's been on my mind for the last few days. I'm guessing because there has been so much talking going on with Sailorman and myself. Good talks for the most part. We talk a lot. I don't know if you've gathered this from reading my posts, but I like to talk. It's one of my favorite things to do. Ironically, another one of my favorite things to do is just sit, quietly. Me, alone with my thoughts.....which I suppose one can argue is just talking to yourself inside your head. I suppose that's something to ponder the next time I feel the urge to sit and think for long periods of time.
Back to talking to Sailorman. We are becoming more and more in tune with each other. On one hand it's incredibly cool, on the other it's incredibly creepy. Example: I'll be typing something out that I find funny/witty or any combo of the two. Sailorman will be typing at the same time, and we'll be milliseconds from having the same time stamp. And we'll be saying the same thing! It's creepy. I guess it also shows that we have the same sense of humor, and we think alike, come to the same conclusions albeit in a very different fashion.
I can't help but marvel at the fact that we have never been this in tune with each other. I'm realizing that while I might not have that "romance novel never really fight, or if they do one little two page talk smooths everything over forever" kind of love, but I do have something that people want. I have someone who puts me first, who stands up for me, who is incredibly goofy, and will sometimes (if I pout enough) sing "Soft Kitty" to me. That last one only happened twice, and second time really shouldn't count because he changed the lyrics so they were dirty lol.
I'm just....really content with where our relationship is. I get the gut feeling that we're only going to strengthen our bonds as time goes on. Sure, we're going to fight, we're still us of course. I'm still going to think he's acting like a jerk of a child when the occasion calls for it. I'm sure he'll think of me as a spoiled brat when the occasion calls for it as well. But the bottom line is that we're insanely in love with each other. I think all the hurdles we've been through these past two years, all long distance might I add, are proof of a love that time and distance can't deter from. And that makes me happy.
I'm just....really content with where our relationship is. I get the gut feeling that we're only going to strengthen our bonds as time goes on. Sure, we're going to fight, we're still us of course. I'm still going to think he's acting like a jerk of a child when the occasion calls for it. I'm sure he'll think of me as a spoiled brat when the occasion calls for it as well. But the bottom line is that we're insanely in love with each other. I think all the hurdles we've been through these past two years, all long distance might I add, are proof of a love that time and distance can't deter from. And that makes me happy.





















