Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nails To The Chalkboard

Somehow talking about how great my life had been going lately was a jinx? Bad bad J for putting it out in the universe that she was happy!

Things with Sailorman are awesome. Don't get me wrong. We're getting stronger and stronger with each passing day. It's great.

The problem, is his mother. She has decided to adopt a "poor me" attitude, throw in some emotional blackmail, and a bit of "I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue if you don't give me my way." This isn't even me exaggerating here. If anything, I'm downplaying her behavior quite a bit. That's how bad it has gotten. I convinced Sailorman to email his aunt for some advice, which he actually did take. It was great. His aunt (actually his great aunt) gave some interesting insights to his mother and grandmother. Something that Sailorman never knew. It helps to know thine enemy right? It's sad that this is how we're viewing his mother, but we honestly don't know how else to respond to her treatment of us.

So I'm going to the bloggy world: How on earth do you deal with a mother who not only doesn't know how to let go of someone who left five years ago, but also has decided to make your relationship all about her? I have no idea whatsoever, and neither does her son.