Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sleepless

Usually, I don't have a problem actually sleeping. Getting to sleep, that's a horse of a different color. There, I have tons of problems. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me take sleeping pills. They make me hyper alert, not to mention slightly paranoid.

On to being sleepless. For the past few nights, alright mainly last night, I was unable to sleep. I was up until almost 5am, then went into semi-sleep waking up every few hours blearily checking my phone to see if there was news from Sailorman.

Not hard to figure out why I'm sleepless now is it? I know, I've been terribly spoiled lately, with hours on end chat dates, occasional skype dates, and a good morning beautiful facebook message everyday. I'm not trying to brag.....ok maybe a little, but in reality I'm just worried, and a little sad. I haven't heard from Sailorman in roughly 36 hours now, not a large amount in the grand scheme of things. We've gone longer without communication before, and I'm sure in the future we will again. I've just been accustomed to more recently.

It also doesn't help that his schedule *might* change, which means he *might* be up during the day.....my night. I'm guessing that means I might have to become a vampire for the home stretch of this deployment. Not a fun thought. Maybe I'm unconsciously prepping myself for that?

Anyways, I'm now sitting at my computer, half hoping/half telling myself to stop hoping for an email, message, or chat bubble to pop up. Also waiting for the microwave repair dudes to get here, because my mother broke the start button on ours.....we've been relying on the add 30 sec button to heat up food. Cuz that starts automatically, no start button needed. I have smart ideas like that sometimes. Poopydog is stretched out on my bed, occasionally kicking my laptop in her doggy dreams.

Today is just one of those "I realize I'm lonely" days. This too shall pass.