Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dear Blog

I am so sorry that I only come to you to bitch and  complain. Usually when I give an apology like this, it's because I have good news, something that will make all the bitching and complaining worth it. Some hidden gem in the mud that is sometimes my life that makes every single moment of unhappiness and unease disappear, because for one, I am truly happy and content.

This isn't one of those times. So, sorry again.

Sailorman's mom hates me. Ok, that might be a tad bit too dramatic, but she definitely doesn't like me. And has decided to blame me for it. She has decided to complain that I keep her out of the loop, I'm too reserved around her, and I have pushed her out of her sons life until she has become an outsider and spectator instead of a participant.

I'd like to take my stance here, because I DO NOT want to deal with more Facebook drama when it comes to Sailorman's family. I'm seriously considering just deleting them all right now. Every single one of them. Even the innocent who are "guilty" by association.

Let's take the family offensives by bullet points:

Sailorman's Mom:

  • She has held back because I'm "uncomfortable" around her
    • ummmm I have tried my hardest to call, text, and FB message her when it comes to deployment stuff. She doesn't answer me. Bottom line, I'm not trying anymore. One can only take rejection so far. 
  • I don't share anything with her, and she has to find out our plans via FB
    • see bullet point above. If she answered her phone she might know more. 
  • Sailorman doesn't talk to her because he talks to me more
    • I'm his fiance. I'm sorry if he'd rather talk to me than his mother. That being said, I do tell him to call her, the times he has she doesn't answer. It's not just me she ignores apparently. The last time she missed a call from him  she was watching TV and decided to ignore her phone because Bachelor was on. How is that my fault?!?!?!?
      • only because she has made it clear she's uncomfortable with me. From the very beginning I offered her my life as an open book. She told me she didn't want to know anything about me, and "we'll just see where it goes." Obviously she didn't see me as a fixture, even from the beginning I have pushed her out of Sailorman's life
I'm just sick about this whole thing. I'm sick and crying and I NEVER cry.