So today was THE day. I went down to the embassy. And waited. And waited. And Waited. And WAITED. Do you get the picture that a lot of waiting was involved?
Finally, my turn was up. I was immediately told that I would have to talk to this other guy. So.....more waiting. The dude called another family before me. I had been waiting longer, and was naturally, a wee bit upset at that.
After more waiting.....getting to be a theme isn't it? My mom comes up to me and says that the dude told her that it has never been done before, and he doesn't know if it's possible.
Ummmmm excuse me?
You're telling me that no one has ever given up their Mexican citizenship in the history of Mexico? I doubt that one very much. So....we go and talk to this other lady and it turns out......Mexico made it illegal to renounce citizenship. You're stuck with it since 2003. Grrrreat. So I was told to write a letter to the Secretary of Citizenship and I'll receive a letter back stating that it's not possible to renounce, and hopefully the Navy will accept that. Right now I feel like the world just doesn't want me to get married! Sigh. As completely self-pitying as it is, why oh why me?





















