Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm so cold!

In the beautiful city by the bay, it's been record breaking cold. The last few weeks have been in the low 30s. For the city that used to being at the lowest in the 40s, and in the 50s when it rains, to say we've all been freezing would be an understatement. I've switched not only to flannel sheets, but I've added a fleece blanket in addition to my down comforter. The Sailorman keeps calling me a wuss for complaining about the cold. Well, unlike the Sailorman who runs about 10 degrees hotter than the rest of us mortals, I didn't grow up in the Midwest.

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, I went to my bestie's house for dinner. It was fun. I'd never been over for Thanksgiving before, and it was a pretty intense thing. Super duper fancy, I put on an outfit I hadn't worn in nearly a year, and it was super loose fitting. Yeah, that was awesome! I think that since last Dec, I've lost about 30 lbs. Yay for finally getting a correct diagnosis and getting on the correct medication! 

Today is Black Friday. Can you guess where I am? Well, I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I am not a shopper. At all. It's rare for me to be in a shopping mood, and even then, unless it's clothes, I'd rather just shop online. So where am I? In my bed, with the flannel sheets, down comforter, and fleece blanket. Wearing socks, yoga pants, a long sleeve shirt, and a t shirt on top of that. Yeah......and I'm STILL cold! My mom is off, hitting the outlets. I'll probably at some point clean the kitchen and start on all the holiday cookies my mom promises people. Pretty huge list this year, and since I'm leaving the 15th, I want to get a head start as soon as possible.