Monday, November 7, 2011

Our Weekend.

This weekend, Sailorman went Airsofting Saturday, then it was videogames and football all day Sunday. Airsoft is his new thing. He started this absolute obsession when he was deployed, and I was on board, much to his surprise. I knew that this would keep him active, which is great, and it would keep him from drinking. Not that he's a drunk or alcoholic by any means, but before I moved out here, and he was still hanging out with his old roommate Chris, let's just say that bars and rather large bar tabs were the story of his weekends. Now while Airsofting isn't cheap by any means, I'm positive that in the end it's worth it. Except for the fact that I'm pretty much alone on the weekends. That part is slightly sucky.

 I think Sailorman was feeling rather sorry for me last night, so he actually came out and hung out with me for an hour in the living room. Might not seem like much, but it was nice to watch The Big Bang Theory with him, say the lines before the actors did, and just laugh together. It's those little tiny moments that warm my heart, and make me realize just how lucky I am to have married my best friend, the guy who loves all my dorky, nerdy ways. The guy who kind of shook his head and laughed when I said I wanted to see The Muppets when it came out, then about an hour later came out of his room, looked at me and said "baby, we HAVE to see The Muppets when it cames out! It looks effing hilarious!" After I was done mocking him, it just made me happy that we (for the most part) enjoy the same stuff.

So how's married life? It's fun, it's frustrating, and it's absolutely wonderful. There truly is nothing like seeing someone, faults and all, and loving them unconditionally.