Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Accident

I am such a klutz sometimes. Yep, a klutz as well as a spaz. Sailorman sure picked a winner with me :) a klutz, a spaz, a a little bit broken. Oh well, thank God he loves me so much! On to my story of the latest adventure J had!

Sailorman was down in Paso for an exercise/meet the team he's deploying with/ practice dealy. He was only 3 hours away from me in SF, and I got to see him quite a bit these last three weeks which has been amazing :)


Friday morning came, and with it a bittersweet feeling. I knew that afternoon I was going to once again be making the long(ish) drive down to Paso to see Sailorman. The only thing was, this was going to be the last time. I went to class, did all the stuff I was normally going to do that day and was home to do my packing for that weekend. While home, in the kitchen, I had an accident. Somehow I got up wrong and my knee decided to twist and dislocate. (sounds painful right? it was) I was standing like a ridiculous stork for about 20 mins, was able to call my mom (thank God I had my cell in my jeans pocket) and she convinced me fall on the floor so I could attempt to pop my knee back in. I hung up with her so I could try, and after half an hour on the floor I was able to rotate my knee back into it's proper place.

I called Sailorman and told him I wasn't going to be able to make it down there. When he asked why I told him I'd hurt my knee and I was still on the kitchen floor afraid to attempt to get up. He told me he was leaving in 5 mins and to just sit tight; he'd break my front door down if he had to. Yes, my sweet knight in shining armor! Well during those three hours I was able to get up (thank God I do yoga and am used to contorting myself into weird positions and maintain balance while holding my body weight!) and unlock the front door for Sailorman. He got here at 6:30 and stayed until 7 last night. It was lovely having him here, in my house. He took me to the injury clinic Saturday and we just enjoyed each others company.

Yesterday, we said our goodbyes. The final physical goodbyes that we get. It was sad, but not the horrible snotty tears that I got the first time I had to say goodbye when I left Paso after a pretty awesome week with him. This goodbye was....sweet. It was full of promise, and hope. We have so much to look forward to the next time we see each other. We're looking forward to moving me out there (finally!) we're looking forward to starting out lives together. We're looking forward to marrying each other, becoming a family. So yes, in some ways, I am looking forward to this deployment, because we have so much joy coming to us once he gets home.