Friday, December 24, 2010

We're Engaged! (Edited Repost)

So much has happened since before I left CA! So let's recap.

Flew from San Francisco into Chicago, where I would be getting my connecting flight to Norfolk. I was seriously worried about Chicago, I remember last year there was so much snow on the group it looked like blankets! This year however, I had a clean runway with no snow at all! Not even a cloud in the sky. Because of this, I was able to get there 1/2 an hr earlier than scheduled. How awesome is that?

The awesomeness however, was dampened a little when upon my arrival at the "beautiful" Midway airport I checked the departure wall. My flight to Norfolk has been delayed. Grrrreat. Oh well, I'm bummed, but I'll deal. I go up to the counter to see if maybe something has changed, I'm told that the flight may or may not be on time, right now it's just a guessing game. Yay that the flight gods decided to take pity on me this trip, because it turned out that my flight was on time right on the nose! Whoo hoo!

Getting there: Sailorman was waiting right past the security checkpoint for me! Awww! That first hug and kiss was pretty damn awesome, not going to lie. We pretty much were hugging and kissing the entire time, which was amusing to both of us, especially since there was a kid right behind us that kept looking at his mom every time we kissed and asking if that was ok. My bags were all there, just one of the last to get off. By this time, I really wasn't caring, I was finally back with Sailorman after 5 freaking months apart!

We drive to his "new" apartment. In reality he moved in there sometime in October, but obviously I hadn't seen it yet. It looked good.....very......manish haha. He has all his guns out in the living room.....man oh man does he have a lot of guns! We spent a lot of time together for around three days. Running errands, we bought a new mattress. It's really comfy! It's nice that it's OURS.

Then, we started on our trip out to Kansas City, MO. We decided to drive, pretty much so we wouldn't have to be at the mercy of his mom to get anywhere again. Last year was pretty torturous not having the freedoms that we're both used to when it comes to coming and going as we please. Sailorman was kind of a butt and didn't let me drive any of it, but whatever.

The 21st we had an us day. It was pretty amazing. We went to go see Tangled, which is without a doubt one of the cutest movies I've seen in a really really long time. Then went to the mall for a little bit, and then rushed home to get ready because he was taking me out to really fancy dinner that night. We went to Skies, which is a revolving restaurant on top of a Hyatt in downtown Kansas City. We had a lovely meal, and right before dessert, he asked if he could see my ring. If you recall, it's this one.
 He then fumbled a little, which I thought was adorable, and pulled this one out!
 And asked if I would like an upgrade, and would I marry him :D. Of course, I said yes!!!! So now we're engaged, and he's enjoying the "showing" of the ring more than I to tell the truth. Right now, I think I'm still in the processing stages, I haven't gotten to full blown excited that I'm getting married. I hope it happens soon, because I know that Sailorman is more than a little disappointed that I'm not giddy with joy. But it'll happen...soon....ish. Am I the only one who feels/felt like this when the big question came up? I'd love to hear imput!