Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Guessing Game

As I'm sure you're tired of reading by now, I HATE surprises. Mostly because I'm a *wee bit* of a control freak and like knowing everything I possibly can about a situation ie: presents. Sailorman on the other hand, LOVES to surprise me. Why? Because he knows I hate it. That's pretty much the sole reason that he loves it ever so much. So what has he been doing for pretty much the last month?

Diamond teasing me.

If you're not us, and well, of course you're not, let me explain. It started back in September when I was diagnosed with my pseudo-tumor and pretty much lost my appetite that Sailorman started food teasing me. He would describe the food he was eating, in detail, occasionally complete with pictures. All of food that I loved, and while my taste buds thought, wow that sounds really good, my brain was just all meh. It got annoying, and the most of a fuss I made the more he did it. Typical. You can't see me but I'm smiling and rolling my eyes right now.

Anyways, Sailorman has gotten to the point of teasing me about anything. Now that the Christmas season is upon, a time of love, and joy, and peace......and presents. He's been teasing me non-stop.

Weird part is, it's not about my Christmas present(s) instead, it's about.....dun dun DUN! The Ring. Hence, the diamond teasing. The dude just goes on and on and on about how awesome his plan is, and how it's going to be perfect, and the Ring is amazing. He seriously doesn't shut up about it. On one hand, it's incredibly sweet. He's apparently been planning this for 5 months now. On the other, well, he's getting on my nerves with the hints and the teasing. Either shut up or show me pictures! Lol

It also doesn't help that it feels that everyone in the kingdom has seen the bloody ring but me. Wow that came out very British didn't it? Way too much BBC late at night does take a toll on you I guess :). On a really happy note, and for the most part this has been a very happy tongue-in-cheek post, I get to see Sailorman in 7 days! Whoot!