Monday, October 24, 2011

Procrastination

Well, I'm back! Having never been a truly regular blogger, because I forget or just think that my life is way too boring to try and actually post about regularly, I doubt anyone has actually missed me much. (If you have feel free to tell me though) and am now sitting here in our new apartment avoiding putting it all together. Sailorman's mancave is more or less done. We got a lot of stuff done yesterday in here. (Yeah, I'm hanging in here right now.) He found a pretty awesome comfy chair on craigslist for 55 plus delivery, the majority of his old bedroom furniture ended up in here, and next weekend we're making a trip up to Ikea to get bedroom/dining room furniture.

It's really just been a lot of little things that have be truly overwhelmed right now. It doesn't help that I am currently carless. I HATE being carless. Especially since I actually have a car in this city. Why am I carless? Good question. Sailorman's truck died yesterday and we don't really know why for sure. Sailorman though it was the battery yesterday morning, so we went and bought a new one in my car. He installed it and it turn on just fine no problems, and we went to run errands. Well, in the parking lot of the thrift store where we were going to donate a lot of his stuff that he no longer wants/needs the truck REFUSED to start up again. We thought it might just need a jump, though kind of dumb seeing as how it was a brand new battery. We call AAA because thank goodness my mom put Sailorman on her plan for like 12 bucks. Turns out the jump didn't work. We ended up getting towed home. This morning Sailorman was hoping that the truck would magically start, but no dice. So, he ended up taking my car to work (is it wrong that I find that so funny? He has not stopped making fun of my Prius since we got it and now it's the main source of transportation for us) The repairman is supposed to get here soon, and really, who knows how much this is going to cost us. Le Sigh.

 So here I am, putting off sorting through the mess that is our bedroom, seeing as how we decided that this was the best room for a catchall. Right now I'm just putting all of Sailorman's clothes into his room. He can be all OCD about the arranging later.

I'm really tired of being constantly on the go. I've been doing laundry non-stop, moving, and I just wanna chill! I think I'm gonna make some popcorn and chill out with some Sons of Anarchy until the repair dude gets here. If Sailorman makes a fuss at me.....I'll throw popcorn at him.