Today I got to thinking: what really makes a friend?
I think that a friend is sooo much more than just someone that you're "friends" with on facebook. Recently, I decided to delete the former BFF from my facebook. Why? Eh, I don't really even have one reason to tell the truth. It was a bunch of little things. I just realized that we hadn't spoken on the phone or in person in about three months. We exchanged two or three messages on facebook, and they were sooo impersonal. She had "liked" quite a few posts I made, commented on things, and then NEVER RESPONDED after I responded to her original comments.
It got to be insanely annoying. I was tired of the "friendship teaser" I suppose. I just realized one day during a conversation with Sailorman, we weren't anything more than facebook friends, and while I do have many people that I am not actively friends with on my facebook, she wasn't someone that I was willing to get active glimpses of my life anymore. She still can, because I am guilty of playing FB games, and we both have fake profiles that we made together and are friends with. Not to mention she has admitted to blog stalking back when she was supposed to do revamp my design.
Anyways, her mom decided to message me, asking what was going on, saying that D was VERY upset, and had been crying all day. She also told me "not to let the devil ruin our relationship." I'm sorry, but this is not my fault. I am not the one who stopped talking to her. She stopped talking to me.
*And if she's reading this let me just say this: I honestly believe that you are letting your BF control you to the point where you decided to make him more important than your relationship with me. If that's your choice, then more power to you, I hope it's the right one. But do not for a moment think that I'm the bad guy here. I'm just really tired of dealing with your BS all the time. I have a lot on my plate, a lot that I don't blog about, and I just cannot deal with unnecessary drama in my life.*
Now that that is actually out there, I feel better. I am really blessed that I have a man in my life who doesn't feel the need to treat me as a "little woman" who can't solve my own problems. He will support me always, take the lead when I need him to, and never shoves his way to be the "hero." He is without a doubt, my best friend, and always will be. Hopefully someday I find a kindred spirit who can love me as I am, no strings attached. Someone who doesn't push my needs aside, and someone who doesn't take advantage of my nature to be helpful.
As for this "situation" that is in all honestly just a blip on my radar, I just want to go on the record by saying that just facebook is not the end all and be all of what encompasses a friendship. If that's what someone truly believes, then I sincerely hope that I learn that soon. Because hearing someone was "distraught" over an unfriending actually made me laugh then think "wow, who has so little going on in their lives that THAT is such a big deal for them?" Call me a mean bitch, but I'm just calling it like I saw it.
What do you think? Is this a ridiculous farce that I've found myself in the middle of? Or am I just being bitchy? It's ok, you can tell me what you think!
PS, I promise to post pics of what happened with my hair, I've just been both insanely busy with PACKING/being lazy. And I really don't wanna take pictures of me all grunged out. Bad enough Sailorman has had to deal with grungey me during our last few Skype dates.





















