My pity party that is. I had a good long sulk when it came to my severe lack of enthusiasm and friends when it came to my wedding. I wasn't expecting to feel so bummed about it honestly. Then, it just hit me. I've processed, and while I'm probably not completely over it, I'm definitely on my way to being over it. One thing that has SERIOUSLY helped is the fact that while I might not have friends physically with me, I do have friends. Amazing ones that I would have never in a million years met if not for the crazy life I've been on the fringes of for the past two years. Now that I'm about to jump in fully, both feet and over my head, I'm becoming more and more aware of just how lucky I am to be a part of such an amazing group of ladies.
Ones who bring support, encouragement, offer to do silly bride things with me as soon as I'm in Virginia. Others who offer their services as sounding boards for any and all plans for our very small wedding. And yet another who is actually planning on attending my "hitch and ditch" day. (Totally just thought of that one, I think it's rather clever. Making a note to tell Sailorman that one, I think he'll get a kick out of it.) I'm so very grateful for the support and encouragement. Two of those friends do blog, and read mine, so here I am, publicly saying thank you. The other doesn't have a blog, so....yet another mental note to make sure to tell her thank you for being such an amazing person who cheered me up when I really needed it. To all of you, THANK YOU. You've shown me what real friendship is, and I don't think I can express how much that means to me.
On to some other stuff going on in my life! Post-Deployment rituals. I do believe it was Mrs S who said something like "we scramble to undo the months of neglect to our beauty rituals" I'm probably paraphrasing, because I can't remember her exact words. Whatever it was, I completely agree! Tomorrow I have an appointment for a "Supermodel Makeover" at a fairly fancy salon. My first fancy salon in 18 plus months! Am I looking forward to this? Oh yeah. Am I nervous? Oh yeah!
This salon has this special going on: all over base color, up to 16 foils for highlights, cut, and style.....for $129! I'm not too sure about other areas, because I've only lived here. But this is a STEAL. Even partial highlights alone usually cost as much as all of this. Not to mention I yelp'd them to death, read about 50 reviews, and for the most part they were all glowing. The majority of the negative ones were for the Brazilian Blowout, and there's no way that I'd be doing that to my hair, no matter how much my frizz frustrates me. I'll be sure to take before and after pics. I'm thinking of going for a sort of J.Lo summery look. We'll see what the stylist says, I think I have the coloring to pull it off.
Now, I have a slightly silly question: When it comes to hair appointments, do you wash your hair the night before and let it air dry to give the stylist the "this is what you're dealing with" factor? Because I totally do. Even if I know that my hair is going to be washed at the salon, I still do the air dry deal the day/night before just so they know the amount of frizz involved. I made the mistake when I was living in Southern California of coming into a salon with my hair straightened (this was after classes) and she refused to believe me when I said I was very frizzy, so please keep that in mind. She cut it so weird that when I washed my hair and was towel drying I resembled Annie's exotic looking cousin or something......NOT something I'd like to experience 24 days before my wedding.
That's pretty much all on my mind right now, but I may or may not be posting my thoughts about the waxing appointment I have to book. I promise, no pictures of that!





















