Monday, September 13, 2010

Symbols

Why do I always seem to post late at night? Usually when I'm so tired that I can barely think? I'm really starting to think that I do this on purpose so I can give myself an excuse to not go to school in the morning. That's bad! I really need to get out of that habit. Oh the problems of a night owl. There are a couple of things that I would love to post about, and they're running around in my head. One of my problems when it comes to sleeping is my brain goes into hyperdrive when I'm trying to sleep. Blog posts pop into my head, and the wittiest paragraphs get crafted. What a shame it doesn't work like that when I'm conscious and actually at my computer!


Today I started thinking about my birthday. Not next birthday, but this last one. I actually spent my birthday in Sedona, AZ.  My mom and I decided to go on a roadtrip down to the Grand Canyon. While pretty, I kinda felt it was more than a little overrated. Plus, being around that many people makes me feel really claustrophobic. Ironic seeing how vast the GC is!

Back to Sedona. I loved it there. I found it incredibly peaceful, and the B&B that we stayed at was breathtaking. I would love to go back there with the Sailor someday! Click here if you want to look at pictures! I would totally recommend this place to anyone. I also got my haircut there. Hands down the best haircut I have ever gotten. Yeah, I kinda fell in love with Sedona.

This however, isn't why I was thinking about my birthday. Don't you just love how I go off on these random tangents? It's like having a conversation with me. Just picture it all in a complete valley girl voice. Because apparently, that's the perfect description of how I talk. I don't hear it, but everyone else who meets me does. The reason I was thinking about my birthday was because I get a constant reminder of my birthday when I look down at my left hand.

This is what I see. My birthday present from the Sailor! (btw yay for me finally figuring out links and pictures!) It's a promise ring, or commitment ring, or hey look away she's taken ring. Depends on who you talk to the title changes. Personally, I just know that this ring makes me insanely happy.

However, the Sailor didn't actually give me this ring until he came for this visit in July. Why one might ask....well first of all he was in three back to back schools from mid-May until the end of June. Second, He didn't trust the post office. Third, we were having problems lol. After we got back together and all was well in our world once more, I asked him if this ring was "just a birthday present" the way he had pretty much told everyone. He replied: No it's not. It's so much more than a birthday present babe. It's a physical symbol of my love for you, so that you can be reminded whenever you look at it. It's also a promise that while I might screw up, I promise that I won't ever hurt you the way I did these last few months.

Now I know that he's not perfect, but sometimes he knows just the right things to say to get me all weepy!