I am sitting here on my couch, staring at my computer screen. Still in disbelief over the sheer vanity and ego that people are capable of. Not to mention the capacity to hold a grudge.
I guess I should start at the beginning. (This is all my point of view, some might not be accurate, but again, I'm not privy to everyone's thoughts. If I was my name would be Professor X.)
Months ago I was invited by a friend into a venting group on FB. Thinking not too much of it I occasionally logged on and checked out the vents. Some made me laugh, others made me wince. I commented occasionally and posted rarely. Nonetheless I did enjoy the group. It by no means was the center of my world (lol) but no big deal either way. Then one day, I wasn't in the group anymore. I didn't know why, so I texted my friend to ask her what the deal was. I joked around saying that perhaps the moderator (we'll call her The Wife or TW for short) hated me or something and kicked me out. Well, my friend (MF for short, I get tired of typing such long words lol) stood up for me in the group, asked why I was kicked out and it turned out to have been a mistake. Whatever, no big I wasn't all that upset by it. MF on the other hand, was. It turned into a big deal between MF and TW. So big that because I was MF's friend, I could no longer be in the group.
My reaction was simply one of shock. I've never been in a position of "if you're friends with so and so then we cannot speak or associate or even sort of know you" period. I messaged TW asking her why I had been kicked out again. She straight up told me it was because I was friends with MF and couldn't be trusted. She also went on to say that if I continued a friendship with MF I wouldn't never have friends in the area, and to choose wisely. At this point I'm just pissed off. Would it be nice to have friends? Sure. Should I sacrifice the person who has been my friend, both on and off the internet, for years for potential friends? Not in my world. In my world I'm friends with someone until they do something that hurts me so badly that I cannot be friends with them anymore. So I went about my merry way and let it go.
Fast forward/rewind. Is that confusing?
Rewind by saying about a year-ish or so I made a twitter account. I'm never on it because I didn't really get twitter and don't have the patience to learn twitter, but it's there.
Fast forward to now when today I decided to get on my twitter account and try and figure it out. I also changed my name and picture on it, because like I've said before, Sailorman is a PERSEC nut. I tooled around and figured out how to do stuff (sort of.) I find MF there and follow her. I also see that she's had some drama regarding TW. It's been MONTHS at this point, so I'm willing to let everything go. I try to follow TW (bad idea) and she blocks me within 30 seconds. I tweet to MF "don't worry about it, haters got to hate" or something like that, which started up a SHIT STORM which has lasted about three hours.
In support of MF, I have now become a target for TW to hit on. She has not stopped, is paranoid that EVERYTHING I write is about her, and makes it a point to respond by twisting my words by making me be the attacker. I'm sorry, but I have ALWAYS been the one who stays out of confrontations. I don't do drama, I don't get in the middle of fights. Compassion and support is not the same as "going to battle" and that's what TW has done. To say that I'm baffled would be an understatement. I'm more than a little stressed out because of this, and I'm really just over the fact that she is a "leader" in the mili community around here because she's just so loud. I suppose this is all on me because I'm the one who said something first, I'm the one who tried to just let stuff go without talking about it first, and I'm the one who responded in defense to her attacks.
If that's the case then I've learned my lesson. I'm as friend-shy as can be after the disaster that was my last strong friendship that went to hell. I'm even more wary of people now. I'll stick to my husband, at least he's the one person who I know won't attack me and twist my words up into something that they're not.





















