So guess who had a craptastic couple of days? This girl!!
We were on leave in CA when Sunday I got a call telling me that a pipe had sprung a leak and our entire apartment was soaked. To say that put a damper on the rest of the last few days of our trip would be an understatement. Tuesday night, well actually Wednesday morning since we didn't get home until about 1 am, we walked into our apartment and was punched in the nostrils by the smell of wet cats. Everything on the floor was SOAKED, the ceiling was on the floor, and they had ripped up the carpet and stuck fans under it to dry everything out. Mind you these fans had been going for two days by this point and everything was still pretty damp. Luckily the majority of our stuff hasn't been ruined, our electronics still work, which in my opinion is a miracle considering the fact that water was literally pouring out of our bathroom in a torrent. Our former next door neighbor was the one to the make the call into maintenance, and I'm going to be forever grateful to him for mentioning our apartment along with his own leak.
Now we're in the process of switching apartments and to say that this whole thing is becoming a giant stresser would be an understatement. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? Because I really do. Moving SUCKS. Especially when you're running on little to no sleep. Tuesday night we ended up sleeping on the floor/couch of a friend's house because the smell in our other apartment was so bad. Wednesday Sailorman, said friend, and the Ys from Miles Behind Me came over and helped, A LOT. Thank you Mrs Y! You both seriously rock for dropping what you were doing and helping us pack/load unload.
Unfortunately, they decided to move our kitchen, living room, and bathroom stuff Wednesday. That meant the ONE THING that I had specifically asked Sailorman to move, our bed, was not moved. That meant we slept in the living room on the mattress in the dampish (we finally got the bright idea to open windows) apartment. It sucked. I'm still not running on all cylinders, I've had a wicked migraine since yesterday, and there's still more odds and ends to pack up today. Not a ton of stuff left, but enough to make me all the more lazy and want to burrow into my bed. Even if I was able to get out of the packing.....there's always the UNPACKING that I'd be in charge of.
Have I mentioned I hate moving?





















