I never know what to say, especially since I never really know if I'm talking to anyone.....and that's hard for me. I can talk until the Judgment Day in person. I pretty much never shut up.I think I just need practice. I was nervous when I first started writing letters to my sailor, because I thought that whatever I wrote would sound stupid, or scattered, or my words would just fall flat. I'm sure that my first letter was the weirdest sounding letter J ever received. I had decided to write in "stream of consciousness" pretty much because I didn't know what else to say. This was before the whole "I love you" stage of our relationship, and before I was halfway as into him as he was into me if I must be perfectly honest. So I wrote a bunch of nonsense down, because I figured that you have to include a letter when you send a package of cookies to your sailor.......and I shudder to think of what he thought while reading it.
Good news though on the whole letter writing thing. Apparently, I've gotten A LOT better at it! Yay me! I stopped writing every thought that came into my brain (and I have A LOT of thoughts) and started getting (sort of) structured when it came to writing letters to J. Last box I send him had two different letters, and the only thing he really said was that I had greatly improved and he could actually see a thought process. That made me laugh, and wish I could have rubbed his cheek and kissed him.
So in a roundabout way, what I'm saying is that with practice I'll get the hang of blogging. I'll try and think of it as a much more structured online diary that anyone can read.......which should mean as few names as possible to protect myself should any of my close friends read this......and figure out that I'm ranting about them in particular.
Though I feel I should confess that I've always been a terrible journal writer, pretty much only writing in it when I was extremely upset at something. This isn't really the case, more when the mood strikes I'll try and organized some sort of concise way of writing what I feel. It's kind of working, I'm proud of myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















