Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let's Try Something New

I'm gonna try my best to not mention the Sailor.....except for this little paragraph lol. I just am realizing that more and more of my life is revolving around him, and not enough on me. As narcissistic as it sounds.

So.....as of right now. I'm painting these bookshelves that my mom has for all her crazy knickknacks, spray painting these wrought iron plants she has, and basically puttering around the house. I'm of course, doing all the cooking and cleaning, plus laundry. (Wow I sound like a wife already!) Right now her thing has been juicing. Apparently she's been craving veggies, but because of the fact that she can't take the time to chew her food, she tends to choke on them. So at first I went with the juicer, and just juiced it all. While appreciated, she said she wanted me to use her new blender because she wanted the fiber that comes with the fruits and veggies. So, being the dutiful daughter that I am, I took out the horrible blender and went to work. Can I just say that I'm really not a fan of her blender? While yes, it's powerful, it's also a really big pain in the ass lol. However, after a while of trying to figure it out, she got her fruit/veggie puree that is a really weird dark green color. The things she wanted in there! it was kinda crazy if you ask me. A bag of spinach, apples, grapes, cilantro, celery, and radishes. According to the mommy, they add a really great zip!  This batch will probably last until tomorrow, but today I prepped the last of the fruits and veggies. So.....the next batch will be: apples, grapes, celery, carrots, cilantro, string beans and broccoli. Yeah, I'm really not going to have any of it, no matter how hard she tries to convince me that it tastes good.