Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life Lately

I haven't blogged in almost two months to the day. Before that it was a long time.....I think I haven't truly blogged since I moved cross country and got married to be honest. You'd think that I'd have so much more to say now, that my thoughts, frustrations, and dreams would multiply and spill over until everyone was super sick of hearing the same thing over and over again. Strangely enough though, the opposite has happened.

I have no pent up emotions anymore. Anything that needs to be said (concerning Sailorman) is said usually within a day or two of my initial annoyance or hurt. Since our Incident during his deployment our communication levels have grown to a level I'm pleasantly surprised. Not because I didn't think that Sailorman wasn't capable of having communication skills (hey we are talking about the person who I have spoken to for five hours straight to) but he was so resistant to ANYTHING to do with skill building when we were dating, that he shocked and surprised me by being so willing during the tail end of our engagement and our marriage.

I guess that's a really long wordy way of saying that marriage is great. We've passed our first year anniversary (which was nice despite the fact that I was laid up in bed) and are still pretty nuts about each other. We may not be as sickening as we used to be, but I think that's more due to the fact that we KNOW that the other is going to be there. There is no more "he/she has to leave in X amount of days" mentality. There is no more "we have to cram as much as we can into every possible second until we are utterly sick of each other and we're happy that the other is leaving soon." It's really nice.

I guess this is just a little post saying hi to my blogging friends (if I still have any) and saying that I'm doing great. Sailorman is doing great, and our furbaby Mickey Finn is just as much of a spoiled princess as ever. Life is good at the Nut house for Mr and Mrs Squirrel.