Who else got Olivia Newton-John in their heads? No one? Guess it's just me. That's cool.
I'm entering The Young Reitree's give away for a yoga mat.
Roughly seven or so years ago, I started yoga. Not because it's trendy, or I wanted a yoga body (not saying it wouldnt be nice though) but because I was VERY SICK. I had horrible migraines, I've mentioned them before, and I couldn't do regular gym class at school. I also had a horrible gym teacher who didn't think my migraines were real and I should just "be able to deal" with 30 echoing basketballs in the gym. Yeah.....not gonna happen, still can't stand that to this day.
After several meetings with my mom, him, and the principal, it was decided that I would find an alternative way to make up gym credits. My neurologist suggested yoga.
I was skeptical, I thought it was all about breathing and chanting. Yes, there is a lot of that, but it depends on what kind of yoga you take. My first teacher was very....gentle. I thought it was sooo easy, and yoga was going to be a literal no sweat way to get my gym credit. However, then my mom decided she didn't want to drive into the city anymore to take me to a class twice a week, and we found something a bit more local. This woman was TOUGH. I loved her. She made me SWEAT. She was a former ballerina, had a pilates background, and also taught japanese sword dancing (whatever that is) and incorporated all of those elements into her class. After two years of diligent classes, I moved away to Southern California for college, and got into BAD HABITS. Since then I've on and off toyed with yoga, but nothing as structured as I used to be.
Now that I have a dog, I go for walks everyday, they'll become much longer as soon as it COOLS DOWN! It's much too hot for this Bay Area girl in the Hampton Roads lol. I'd love to be able to get back into yoga again, maybe that'll be on my list of things to look into once fall comes along.





















