Sunday, May 6, 2012

We Must Be Weird


Sailorman and I are both ready for the next deployment. Yeah, you read that right. I love my husband, I love hanging out with my husband, and I love the fact that I get to be with him when he's not at work. That being said.....he's not happy right now at work. His job at the moment isn't what he's trained to do, and that makes for a cranky butt husband.

The annoying thing about this situation is this: it doesn't look like he's gonna deploy anytime soon. Certainly not with his command anyways. So now our situation is becoming a count down until we're through with his current command and checking into his new one. There he will (hopefully) be deploying regularly, frequently, and for shorter amounts of time. It'll be a change, especially considering that in the seven months we've been married we have yet to not see each other for a day.

It feels disloyal to say that I'd like the opportunity to miss my husband. To feel lonely. To realize that life as I know it is good, that being pissed because his socks are EVERYWHERE is something that I'll miss when he's no longer here to do it. I can think that all I want now, but the statement doesn't ring true because as of right now, I'd give anything for the apartment to stay clean for more than an hour without having clothes strewn all over the place.

Deployment isn't a scary word in the Squirrel house, it's a word where we know that we're going to grow as a couple even more than we already have. We know we're going to get closer, stronger, and realize even more how very right the choice to love each other was. There will be bad days, but there are always bad days, no matter what the situation is.

Unfortunately, deployment isn't in the cards for the Squirrel's in 2012. Maybe 2013 will be our year to experience the best parts of deployment again: falling in love, a first kiss, first hug, and the sense of completeness that what was lost is back again.